Le Rustique Camembert with onions and bacon lardons is a real delicacy, nothing better to get through a cold winter night! Accompany your meal with a mixed salad.
1 Le Rustique Camembert 250g
- 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 minced Onion
- 50g Smoked bacon lardons/cubes
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Remove all packaging from the Le Rustique Camembert and put the cheese in an oven proof dish. Remove the top of the rind by cutting a circle around the edge at the top of the Camembert and peeling it off carefully.
- Gently fry the onion and bacon lardons in oil until golden brown then pour in the middle of the Camembert and season with salt & pepper. Put the top rind back on.
- Let it cook for 20-25 minutes until the Camembert has melted completely.
- Enjoy it the traditional way: scoop the melting Camembert with pieces of bread.
- TIP: For best results, ensure Le Rustique Camembert is mature before baking (20 days or less before use by date).